Student Acceptable Use Agreement for Use of Social Media and ICT
Student Acceptable Use Agreement for
Use of Social Media and ICT
- I am aware that some websites and social networks have age restrictions and I should respect this. If school becomes aware of any underage accounts we will report these to the relevant platform eg facebook, TikTok, Snapchat etc
- When I share/send messages I am aware that my online activity when in and out of school should not upset or hurt other people and that I should not put myself at risk. I am aware that sending information that is indecent, offensive, threatening, untrue or causes upset or anxiety is against the law. I am aware my family will be informed. The person who has received the message may report this to the police.
- I will make sure that all ICT communications with students, teachers or others are responsible and sensible, and keep to this Student Contract.
- I will ensure that my online activity, both in school and outside school, will not cause my school, the staff, pupils or others distress or bring the school into disrepute.
- I will be responsible for my behaviour when using the Internet. This includes resources I access and the language I use.
- I will not deliberately browse, download, upload or forward material that could be considered offensive or illegal. If I accidentally come across any such material I will report it immediately to my family or school staff. I will never forward this to anyone else unless asked to do so by the police. If the material could be removed, senior leaders or parents may screenshot the information as evidence for the police and/or school.
- I will not bring any plug in devices into school (on removable media or online) without permission or upload inappropriate material to my workspace. I will only edit or delete my own files and not view, or change, other people’s files –including their work - without their permission.
- I will respect the privacy and ownership of others’ work on-line at all times.
- I will not download or install any software onto school computers.
- I will not share my logins, IDs and passwords with any other student or with anyone online, and I will always only use my own username and password.
- I will not open any email attachments without first checking this is okay with staff/family.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will save it and talk to a teacher / trusted adult. I know that I can also always report any form of cyberbullying to the police.
- When I am in school (or on a school trip) I am not allowed to use my own phone, tablet or device to take any photographs/film or record another student or member of staff.
- I will support the school approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community
- I understand that these rules are designed to keep me safe and that if they are not followed, school sanctions will be applied and my parents/ carer may be contacted. In some cases, I am aware that details may be passed on to the police if necessary.
I have read and understood these rules and agree with them.