School Uniform Policy
School Uniform Statement
Updated July 2019
The school Governors expect every student in Years 7–11 to wear the correct school uniform.
For students in the 6th Form, uniform is not required, but good standards of dress are necessary.
Sending your child to school in school uniform sets a standard in appearance, of which both parents/carers and the school can be proud. For health reasons, it is important that students are properly dressed for physical activity. It is helpful if articles of clothing are clearly marked with their name.
We believe that a school uniform is important:
- Looks smart
- Wears well
- Contributes to a sense of belonging and community
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
The school uniform for Years 7-11 is as follows:
- Navy Blue Sweatshirt (embroidered with school badge)
- Black Skirt or Trousers / short trousers
- White blouse / shirt or polo shirt, or white polo shirt with school badge (optional) Black sensible shoes, or plain black trainers
- Fleece with embroidered badge (Optional)
- Summer Dress (optional)
- *Black Blazer (Optional)
*If you child wishes to wear a blazer you are required to purchase a badge from the school office to iron onto the front left-hand pocket.
- Plain white T-Shirt or Polo Shirt
- Plain black shorts
- White cotton PE socks
- Swimming Trunks / Costume / Swimming Hat
- Black Tracksuits / Sweatshirts for cold weather