- Engagement at Home (EaH)
- Read Write Inc - Tailored Holiday Activities 20 July - 28 August 2020
- Purple RWI Story and Activities - Spiders
Purple RWI Story and Activities - Spiders
RWI – Purple Story and activities.
1. Watch the video and follow along, saying the speed sounds set 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdpzE9wryzg
2. Read the green words using finger spelling:
Crack stuck catch hatch chest silk plant kept trap them egg when
3. Read the red words – Remember, these cannot be sounded out and must be learned on sight.
The be are to or look out spider spiderlings
4. Read the story:
Have you ever seen a spider up close? Do you know how many legs they have? What do you think about spiders? In this book you will learn about how they are born and how they find their food.
Let’s look at spiders!
A spider has 8 legs, a chest, an abdomen.
A spider spins a silk web.
It can be on a plant or in a crack.
The web is an insect trap.
Insects get stuck in it and then the spider can catch them.
p to 250 spider eggs are kept in an egg sac.
When the eggs hatch, spiderlings run out!
5. Questions to talk about.
Discuss these questions with a partner. You can write the answers down if you wish.
How many legs does a spider have?
What does a spider spin?
Where can you find a spider web?
Why is a spider web useful?
Where are spider eggs kept?
Using the internet if you have access to it, can you find out 5 interesting facts about spiders?