Emergency Contact Numbers / Out of School Hours / Help and Assistance Over The Holidays

Dear Families

May I wish you and your child a very happy, safe and trouble free holiday break. To support you should things not be going as you would hope, please see some useful information below.

Mrs J Rigby

Worried about a child out of school hours?   

If a child is in immediate danger or at risk of immediate harm, you should contact the Police on 999

If you are concerned about a child you should share your concern with our local Children’s Social Care Service by calling Hillingdon Children's Services/Stronger Families Hub on 01895 556006 or email StrongerFamiliesHub@hillingdon.gov.uk

You can also contact the NSPCC for advice on 0808 800 5000 or email help@NSPCC.org.uk

If you have non-urgent information about the safety or welfare of a child to share with the safeguarding team at Meadow High School then please contact the relevant Safeguarding Designated Lead listed on our Safeguarding page, and below.   You can also email meadow@meadowhighschool.org

If you need an immediate response or if you are concerned for a child’s immediate safety or welfare please contact the Police.

Pupils, if you have concerns over the holiday you can contact: 

Need support with Food ? 

Should you need support with food over the holiday please contact the London Borough of Hillingdon at 0203 949 5786 or Help Through Hardship 08082 082138.

Domestic Abuse

  • Should you have concerns regarding Domestic Abuse please contact the HIllingdon Domestic Abuse Advocacy Service (HDAAS) in confidence (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) by emailing hdaas@hillingdon.gov.uk or calling 07874 620954 Outside of HDAAS' opening hours and on bank holidays, contact our Stronger Families Hub by calling 01895 556006 or emailing strongerfamilieshub@hillingdon.gov.uk                                                                                                  
  • If you are a victim of domestic violence and abuse, you can make a safety plan to help you live safely and be safe if you stay - we can help you to do this. In an emergency, call the police on 999. If you are calling 999 from a mobile telephone and are unable to speak, remain silent and follow the operator's instructions. When prompted, press 55 as part of the silent solution option (this option does not apply to 999 calls made from a landline telephone).  


There are also some useful contact numbers and lots of information in the London Borough of Hillingdon Winter Wellness Directory 2024

  • cost of living crisis
  • budgeting
  • physical health
  • mental health
  • food
  • warm welcome centres