Household Support Fund
Households with children aged 0 to 19-year-old
As school holidays can be a particularly challenging time for families, anyone with children eligible for benefits-related free school meals will receive food vouchers of £15 per week per eligible child.
To be eligible for a grant, you must live in a household with children aged under 19 who attend a school within Hillingdon and be in receipt of at least 1 of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - as long as you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual gross income is no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax and not including any benefits you get
- You must be in receipt of or eligible for benefit-related free school meals (not universal free school meals)
We will be contacting households eligible for benefit-related free school meals using the data from schools. These households will be given a unique reference number, which must be used when making a claim for utility payments.
If your children receive benefit-related free school meals and you have not been contacted by us for a free school meal voucher, you must contact your child's school to check your eligibility - they will then notify Hillingdon Council.
If you think you may be entitled to a payment based on the criteria outlined above and you have children under 5-years-old who are not attending school, you will be required to fill in a form via this website.
If you require help and support in completing an application, please call 0203 949 5786.
How much will I get?
You will receive £15 per child per week for a total period of 4 weeks (covering the 4 weeks of school holidays during the period of the scheme). This will be split into 3 separate payments, subject to eligibility.
- 1st payment will cover the October 2021 half-term break.
- 2nd payment will cover the 2-week Christmas break.
- 3rd payment will be for February 2022 half-term (1 week). This payment will be made in February.
- Utility costs
If you are eligible for food assistance and you are a resident in Hillingdon, you will be entitled to a one-off payment of £100 per household for help towards your utility costs.
Mrs Debby Gleed-Young
Family Liaison Officer
Meadow High School