COVID Home School Agreement
Home School Agreement
Please find attached below a copy of the COVID Home School Agreement document. We will be sending this home when we are back in September for parents and pupils to sign.
Meadow High School
The school will do its best to:
- Provide an environment which has been risk assessed in response to the COVID-19 infection;
- Adhere to the social distancing rules as set out by the government as much as we reasonably can;
- Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of your child’s well-being, mental health and academic needs;
- Contact parents/carers if your child displays symptoms of COVID-19;
- Inform you if staff or children in your child’s ‘bubble’ show symptoms of COVID-19 as this will mean you will all need to self-isolate for at least 14 days or until the test comes back negative;
- Continue our clear and consistent approach to rewards and sanctions for children as set out in the Behaviour Policy as well the expectations outlined in this agreement;
- Communicate between home and school through newsletters, email and the school website.
To help my child at school, I know and understand that:
- If my child, or anyone in my household, shows symptoms of COVID-19, I will not send them to school, we will self-isolate for 14 days as a family, I will get them tested and I will let the school know as soon as possible via telephone;
- If my child, or another child in the group, shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, I will collect my child from school immediately;
- On my commute, and when dropping my child off and picking them up, I will adhere to social distancing rules.
- When dropping off and picking up, I will strictly stick to the school timings for my child;
- My child must not bring any items into school with them or take items home from school;
- My child will have their temperature taken on arrival and during the day if they feel or present as being unwell
- I will need to remind my child about social distancing rules but accept they are difficult to follow and that my child, and other children, may not always do this successfully
- My child will need to use good hand hygiene;
- I will not be allowed into the school without a pre- arranged appointment.
- I need to support all staff in their efforts to create an ‘as safe as possible’ environment during this pandemic;
- I will read all letters/messages/emails that are sent home;
- I need to inform the school immediately of any changes to parents/carer and emergency contacts details.
If my child is deemed unsafe, he/she will be sent home and cannot return to school until they can be safe.
I will do my best to:
- Adhere to the social distancing rules in class and in the playground;
- Stay in my group all day;
- Tell an adult if I feel unwell;
- Not bring things into school from home, or take things home from school;
- Only use the equipment provided to me by school;
- Not mix with any other children in the school who are not part of my bubble;
- Follow good respiratory hygiene: coughing and sneezing into elbow or tissue (catch it-bin it-kill it);
- Follow good hand hygiene – use soap and water for 20 seconds/ hand sanitiser;
- Behave well at all times to maintain the safety of myself and others;
- Follow these expectations and know that if I don’t, I will be sent home and will not be able to come back into school until I can be safe.
Meadow High School
Vision and Aims
Our School will provide a happy, safe and stimulating learning environment, where everyone will be inspired and supported to do their personal best.
Our Aim is that all children and young people at Meadow High School are entitled to an appropriate education, one that meets their needs, promotes high standards and the fulfilment of potential.
They say that every teacher shapes a life.
Here at Meadow we ensure that every life shapes a lesson.
#putting children at the heart of education
Signed on behalf of the school ...............................................
Signed by the parent .............................................................
Signed by the child .............................................................