Exams and Assessment Arrangements - Summer 2021
for GCSEs this Summer 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Summer 2021 GCSE exams have been cancelled. Instead of sitting an exam, a pupil will have their grade calculated by a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG). We are working very hard to follow the Ofqual/JCQ/Govermnent Guideance to assess and calculate these grades. Our Assessment Policy For Determining Teacher Asssessed Grades 2021 is attached
Functional Skills Exams this Summer 2021
The Government has decided that Functional Skills exams should go ahead in most cases. We are therefore running the following exams on site this year:
|Tuesday 8 June 2021||9.30am||AQA Functional Skills English - Level 1
|Tuesday 8 June 2021||1.30pm||AQA Functional Skills English - Level 1
|Thursday 10 June 2021||9.30am||
AQA Functional Skills English - Level 2
|Thursday 10 June 2021||1.30pm||AQA Functional Skills English - Level 2
|Friday 11 June 2021||9.30am||
Pearson / Edexcel Functional Mathematics Level 1
paper 1 - non calculator (25 minutes)
paper 2 - with calculator (1 hour 30 minutes)
Social Distancing Measures During Exams.
We will take every step we can to run these exams safely and with social distancing in place. We will be taking the following measures:
- Exam desks will be spaced as far apart as possible.
- The exam room will be well ventilated
- Invigilators will wear face masks at all times.
- Candidates will be asked to wear face masks when entering or leaving the exam room. However, they can remove their face mask if they wish during the exam.
- Exam desks and all equipment will be sanitised before each exam.
- Hand gel will be available and we will ask candidates to use it on entry to and exit from the exam room.
- Pupils who have additional access arrangements (eg. readers, scribes) will have additional measures put in place.