Free School Meals - Is your child eligible ?
Free School Meals
We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £900 for the school to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional
teaching staff or after school activities. This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
If parents want to apply for Free School Meals, they can either call/visit School Reception and request for a Free School Meals Application Form (a copy is also attached to the website page where this Bulletin is posted). Once completed, please return the form to School Reception, who will run it by the online Free School Meals checker which provides an immediate response.
If you need any further help or information regarding Free School Meals please contact School Reception.
Mrs Rigby - Headteacher
THE LETTER AND APPLICATION FORM ARE ATTACHED BELOW FOR YOU TO PRINT - OR ASK RECEPTION FOR A PRINTED COPY